THE LEGEND GOLF COURSE
Belle Mare | 18 Holes
The Legend Golf Course is a parkland type of course with beautiful mature trees and lush vegetation between the different fairways.
It also has water hazards on almost every hole, making this golf course a very technical but fair challenge for the players. Power is not the priority on the Legend. You need to be accurate with your drives if you want to beat the course. The 12th & 13th holes are the “Amen Corner” of this course. Many players have lost tournaments on these holes.
On hole 12, which is a par four, you have to be on the green in two to get away with a par, missing the green means trouble. The 13th hole is a short par five that is very narrow. Depending on your strategy, you could complete this hole with a birdie or a triple bogey. The par three 17th is the signature hole. With a drive of 140 meters over the lagoon, it is a very exciting shot for every golfer.
The green is fairly large and you have a magnificent view of the lagoon.
- Opened in January 1994
- Hosted The Mauritius Golf Open from 1994 to 2008
- Hosting The MCB TOUR, a European Senior Tour
- Event in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Green grass: Tifdwarf
- Fairway grass: Cynodon Dactylon
- Signature hole: par 3, 17th has a splendid view over the lagoon
- Special features: Deer and natural ponds
- Other golf facilities: Marc Farry Golf Academy, driving range, chipping and putting green
- Clubhouse: The Deer Hunter Restaurant.